Top best tourist places to visit in Mysore
Mysore (Mysore Maharaja Palace) very famous historical place one of the best tourist attraction in Karnataka India. Explore best tourist places to visit in Mysore during holidays or weekends. Mysore is situated just 140 km distance from Bangalore city you can travel to Mysore in 2.5 hours journey from Bangalore via car journey. The best tourist destination city in Karnataka to enjoy the weekend and holidays with your family, kids and friends. Mysore is famous for Sandal, Silks, Handicrafts and much more.
Plan your trip with family to enjoy top famous places to visit in Mysore Temples, Park, Museum, Palace, Zoo and many more. Need day wise plan best places to visit in Mysore tourism please have a look below day wise itinerary.
1. Mysore Palace
Mysore palace is the best tourist historical place in Karnataka. Maharaja Palace was the residential place of Wadyar kingdom of Mysuru. Timings to visit Mysore palace is 10:00 AM to 5.30 PM with family and friends on all days. Have a visit to palace and explore building architecture, weapons used, paintings, culture, beautiful garden. Visit Hindu God Temples Lord Shiva and more inside the palace. Photography is not allowed prohibited inside the palace. Photo shoot is allowed only outside the palace and garden area. Main entrance gate has very good attraction from outside to see palace view from outside and you can capture beautiful palace pictures. Time taken to see Mysore palace inside and outside Garden is 2-3 hours.
In Mysore palace Dussehra festival is celebrated very famous every year 10 days celebration. During festival visitors will be more you can enjoy the main attraction of elephants, lightning on palace and more events at Dussehra festival season. Palace is decorated very beautiful at the Dussehra festival best time to see palace.
- Mysore palace entrance fees Rs.40 for Adults, Rs.20 for children, Rs. 200 for foreigners.
- Palace Timing 10:00 AM to 5.30 PM.
- Visit Hindu Temples.
- Elephant Ride, Camel Rides Available.
- Palace Tour inside.
- Handmade crafts.
- Explore Shops.
2. Mysore Zoo Park
Chamarajendra Zoological park is the popular attractive to enjoy with family especially for children just 1.5 km distance from Mysore palace. Zoo park is Holiday on every Monday is holiday Tickets are sold out in the entrance of the zoo.
- Mysore Zoo Entry fees Rs. 50 for adults for kids Rs.15 to 25.
- Zoo Visiting Hours – 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Tuesday Zoo is holiday.
- Battery Vehicle is available pay additional Rs. 150 per adult.
- Timing to spend on Zoo 3-4 hours.
- Photography is allowed pay extra for camera.
- Snacks and Food Stall are available inside.
- Best time to visit zoo is between 11:00 A.M to 3.00 PM.
Mysore Zoo animal list
Wide range of animals and birds are in Mysore zoo one of the best and popular attractions for kids to enjoy summer holidays.
- All kinds of Birds, Ducks, Peacock
- Variety of Parrots
- Different kinds of Snakes
- Different Monkeys
3. Brindavan Gardens
Brindavan gardens (Krishnaraja Sagar Dam) is one of the Place to visit in Mysore surrounded with garden and water fountain . It is situated just 22km drive from Mysore you can reach to Brindavan garden form Mysore by car, bus. Excellent place to enjoy with family and friends at weekends or holidays. Enjoy nature with flowers, water at garden evening time good attraction to relax with family and friends. Photography is allowed inside Brindavan garden have to pay for Rs.50. Lighting Time at Garden is 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Things to do on Mysore Brindavan garden
- Best time to visit Brindavan gardens Mysore 6:00 Pm to 9:00 PM.
- Water Fountain Show.
- Colorful Musical Water Fountain Dance.
- Fish Museum.
- Water Boating.
- Explore Street food variety.
4. Chamundeshwari Temple
Mysore chamundeshwari temple is situated in hills Hindu temple (Goddess Durga) best place to visit in Mysore. Temple is just 13km distance from Mysore city famous temple in Mysuru. Chamundeshwari Temple Dharsan Timing in temple 7:30 Am to 2:30 PM evening 3:30 PM to 9:00 Pm. Free meals is provided for devotees daily from temple. Travel to Chamundeshwari temple from Mysore city through car, bus is also available to the top of the hill. Book online ticket Rs.100 per person for quick dharshan and sevae tickets are also available at chamundeshwaritemple.in temple website. Tickets are also available at ticket counter at temple for quick dharsan. Mysuru is very famous historical to explore temples and explore more best places Mysore.
- Dharsan timing 7:30 Am to 2:30 PM & 3:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Mahisasura statue at entrance.
- Free meals at temple.
- Explore shops.
- Special entry Rs.100 per adult with prasadam.
- Abhisekham tickets are available online and offline.
- Visit Nandi statue on returning way.
5. Sand Museum Mysore
Best Places to visit in Mysore Museum time to spend 30 minutes to explore sand sculptures entry fees Rs.40 and for kids Rs.20. Sand Museum Mysore Visiting hours 8:00 Am to 6:30 PM. The sand sculptures is very beautiful fine art work, situated on the way of Chamundi hills 4km drive from Mysore palace. Sand Museum is located in private and small place, sand museum visiting is worth photography is allowed to capture sand sculptures. The sand sculptures has themes of Lord Ganesha, Chamundeshwari goddess durga, animals, kings and more.
6. Ranganathittu Birds Sanctuary
Ranganathittu Birds Sanctuary in Karnataka India near Srirangapatanam 19km from Mysore best place to visit. Birds Sanctuary situated on river banks of kavery famous tourist attraction places near Mysore must see place. Enjoy boat rides, beautiful garden, tress to relax and enjoy the nature with family. Best time to visit is Mid of the year June to November, watch different birds on small islands for boating avoid rainy season boating is prohibited during rainy season.
- Entry Fees at Ranganathittu Birds Sanctuary Rs.50 for Adults.
- Boating Rs. 50 and for kids Rs.25.
- Photography is allowed.
- Timings 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Places to visit in Mysore day wise plan
Plan your day to Mysore tourist places itinerary from Bangalore to Mysore trip. We suggest few top palaces to visit in Mysore one day trip, suggested one day stay and enjoy the beauty of Mysore beyond more places.
1. One day trip to Mysore tourist places from Bangalore
- Start at around 6:00 AM at Morning from Bangalore and reach to Mysore at 9:30 to 10:00 A.M in between you can finish your break fast at 9:00 or 9:30 AM.
- After reaching Mysore city first visit to Chamundeshwari temple 13km distance you can reach 15-30 Minutes. Finish your Dharsan with free and Ticket time to spend approximate 45 minutes.
- Start from Chamudi hill on the way return have a visit to Nandi statue time to spend 15 Minutes.
- Next you can have to visit to sand museum 10 minutes travels spend around 30 minutes time will be around 11:30 or 12:00.
- Visit Mysore palace 15 minutes drive from sand museum explore Mysore palace spend 1 – 2 hours.
- Finish your lunch at 2:30 near by hotel and start moving to Mysore chamarajendra zoo and spend 2-3 hours.
- Battery vehicles are available you can take and complete zoo visit faster and if you have time you can visit to wax museum.
- Completed all this by 5:30 or 6:00 and start moving to Brindavan Garden best time visit 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Spend around 2 hours in Brindavan garden enjoy water fountain, water fountain dance, water lighting’s.
- Complete all site seeing Mysore tourist places by 8:30 or 9:00 PM and start moving to Bangalore and reach by 1:00 AM.
- Our suggestion is plan for two days and also explore Srirangapatanam, Chruch, GRS Park or you can plan 2nd day trip to bandipur national park 80km distance.